if you ever feel dumb remember that harry tried to convince snape that his nickname is ‘roonil wazlib’
The average age in Boston in the early 1770s was 14. More than half the population of Boston was under 21 in the events leading up to the American Revolution.
It really puts everything into a completely different context, doesn’t it?
newsflash: people can enjoy things in fiction they would never approve of in real life
Can you imagine showing Ferris Beuler’s Day off to pureblood students and saying “this is what muggles do when they skip school, cause they don’t go to school in the middle of nowhere”
- Muggleborn and half- blood kids receiving packages of sweets and treats from home and the purebloods swarming around them like 'what on Earth is Cadbury' 'what the heck is a Kinder egg?' “Walkers? Aero bars? What the…'
- Muggleborn kids hanging posters and pictures of Muggle music artists, actors, and sports stars on the walls and their pureblood roommates wondering who they are and why the pictures don’t move or talk.
- Muggleborns and half-bloods discussing things like the FIFA World Cup, the X Games, or the Winter and Summer Olympics before breaks and having to explain what the sports/ the events are in the first place to everyone who asks.
- Muggleborns and half- bloods finding out that purebloods have no clue what Eurovision is so every year they magic up the Room of Requirement to show marathons of it/ the actual show of that year on a big screen for everyone to watch. They even have viewing parties before so everyone can hear the songs and see who they will root for. Even teachers (specifically the Muggle Studies ones) show up to see how Muggle music and culture are evolving.
- Muggleborns and half- bloods reading Muggle books and being questioned by purebloods who people like F. Scott Fitzgerald, Suzanne Collins, and James Patterson are.
- Muggleborns discussing television shows like Doctor Who, The Walking Dead, and Sherlock and forcing their pureblood friends watch the shows over the break.
- Muggleborns and half bloods singing songs by Muggle artists in the halls and then having their pureblood friends listen to their music when they get curious as to what they are singing.
- Muggleborns having to explain what their parents do for a living to purebloods. Things like ‘My mom is a doctor and my dad is a dentist. My mom makes Muggles feel better if they are sick and my dad helps to make sure their teeth are clean.’
- Muggleborns watching FullMetal Alchemist and then trying alchemy on their own, only to be busted by the Prefects when trying to see if they can transmute their roommates’ annoying toad into a less- annoying fish.
- Muggleborns watching ‘Frozen’ for the first time and asking the teachers if magic like that is possible. And when they find it is, they attempt on doing it themselves while belting ‘Let It Go’ at, like 4 A.M.. This goes for all houses and all genders.
- Muggleborns bringing pens to class so they don’t have to use pesky quills and becoming the envy of all of their classmates.
- First-year Muggleborns going around in the Forbidden Forest trying to find dragons and be like Hiccup from ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ only to find that the dragons in the Wizarding world are MUCH different and a lot less cuddly than the ones they saw as kids.
- Half- bloods explaining Quidditch to Muggleborns.
- Muggleborn kids getting copies of the news from home and reading of both events in the Wizarding World and the Muggle World at the same time.
- Muggleborns getting howlers from siblings, spoiling things like T.V. shows for them and other Muggleborns try to burn the stupid thing before it says too much.
- Muggleborns using Muggle tricks on teachers (ex: Whoopie cushions, joy buzzers, rubber spiders on strings, etc.)
- Muggleborns and Half-bloods using charms on their electronic devices to make sure they work at Hogwarts, have all the songs they want, and never run out of battery.
- Muggleborns and Half- bloods wearing fandom merch and cosplaying at school and being questioned what Homestuck is, why they are wearing a sailor outfit and tiara, who Daenerys Targaryen is, etc., etc.
- Muggleborns skateboarding down the halls and performing tricks on the handrails, being too fast for old Filch.